Saturday, March 22, 2008

The crazy week is finally over

Spring Break wasn't the relaxing vacation I had hoped it would be. I went home to work on wedding invitations, flowers--then came back to MY home to work on my Ed Media project and work.

I may have been insane when I decided to make my own invitations and flowers.

However, it was very nice to sit back and admire how gorgeous they look. ;)
This post is a little off topic, but in the small chance that someone other than my family or professors will read this, I'd like to offer some wedding planning advice. I am not anywhere close to being a bridezilla, because I could do without everything else as long as the groom shows up. There are somethings I just don't care about, like spending a ton of money on decorations, programs people just throw away, or expensive gourmet tiered cake. It's just not me. I don't see the point of trying to impress people with money. Sure, I want a beautiful, elegant wedding-- but I don't need a $6000 photo package to do that. I get a lot more satisfaction knowing I worked hard and put thought into my wedding by doing things myself (with a lot of help from friends and family!)

On a technology note--I am using my computer to keep track of my entire guest list, their addresses, # of people coming/# expected, and if we sent a thank you note. This will eventually save me time, even though right now its a pain typing it all now---but then all I'll have to do is enter in the # coming to help with catering, and then mark off people when we write thank you's. I'd also recommend creating a 'wedding folder' on your computer and in a file drawer to help organize everything. I should write my own book. There's a lot of crappy ones I wasted my time reading.

Okay, that being said, I'm really excited but I've got a lot to do for the next 4 months. I find out my what region I'm in for student teaching on Monday, so I'm nervous about that too. One day at a time, one day at a time.....

No comments: