Thursday, March 6, 2008

Bookpedia

Okay, anyone who knows me knows that I am a HUGE fan of thrift stores. I have found amazing stuff--(if you count the Grease soundtrack on record as amazing.) I even found a much-loved 1st edition of The Cat in the Hat. You have to appreciate a find like that.

All this rambling IS going to have a point. Eventually.

As a pre-service teacher, I am trying to build my collection of children's literature. My tiny bookshelf is now crammed with books! I stumbled upon an AMAZING piece of software called Bookpedia this summer. I use the program's search engine to find books I own or ones I want to add to a wish list. I can run a search by title, author, or ISBN. When I find the one I want, I just click and...POOF! There it is. ALL my books are cataloged now.

The other great thing about this is you can create a list of "borrowed" books so you never have to wonder who borrowed your copy of Chicken Little. And, it's cheap. Which is great for students...and teachers.

Check it out:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/home_learning/bookpedia.html

No comments: